Some benefits of living in this small town:
1. The lady who has the little stand to refill ink cartridges always remembers my name.
2. The guy who sells vegetables on the corner says, "No, just pay me tomorrow!" if I suddenly decide I want broccoli, too, and I didn't bring enough cash.
3. Almost all of the restaurants are mom-and-pop shops.
4. If you frequent a given mom-and-pop restaurant (like we do), you get really great service.
5. I can walk home by myself from work at night without any problems.
6. I can walk to work. And the gym. And the grocery store. And the mall. And the hospital. Plus, Alexandre can walk to and from work, and walks home for lunch.
7. The vegetables and meat are almost always local. And cheap.
8. The cost of living is practically negligible.
9. I have almost no competition in my job market.
10. Drive the 10 minutes out of town, and the views are spectacular! Great for bike rides (so says Alexandre, the one with the bike).
11. Life is slow and calm and quiet. :)